Monday, January 30, 2012

How do double majors work?

I am thinking I want to double major in politics and government/ international relations.

Would this be hard?

Can I have a minor? Because I want to take another language.

Also, what can I do as far as careers come?

Please don't say stuff like "work at mcdonald's".



I see it as if you are really passionate about something, you will find a good job.How do double majors work?
Usually you'll enroll and begin school with the "primary" major and then after getting started, then add the second major. Talk to your faculty advisor about this plan for assistance in planning your schedule. Adding the language as another area of study is a good idea too. Usually the courses that count as specific requirements for one major will count as elective credits for the other so doing a double major may be easier than you think. Your areas are related, so that should work well. It is a little extra work, and may require an additional semester or two, but if it puts you on a path that is exciting, it is worth it.



I can't offer anything except general thoughts about what careers are possible. Talk to professors in your major and ask them, but I bet there are lots of interesting options. Go for it!
  • italian english translation
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment