Monday, January 30, 2012

What jobs would you suggest to a college student trying to live in an apt.?

I need a job where I can raise at least 700 a month for rent and groceries and other crap. Does anyone have a suggestion? I can't just work at McDonald's or whatever but I don't have enough experience for a real career (I'm majoring in graphic design) Help! I really wanna move out so I can get financial aid and, yaknow, be on my own!What jobs would you suggest to a college student trying to live in an apt.?
As a struggling college student I always envied the "easy tip money" my bartending friends made. One friend made upwards of $500 on a good Friday or Saturday night. He essentially worked three nights a week and had the other four days off!!! If you live in a state that hasn't banned smoking in public places you're in for a nasty surprise. If, on the other hand, smoking is banned in all public places in your state (including bars) then by all means try out waitressing or bartending. Catering is also lucrative but far less dependable than the bartending. The downside to bartending is that those friends tended to "emulate" their burnout patrons after a while. They smoke, have a million tattoo's and talk like truck drivers these days - and they all went to college! I hate smoking so much that I didn't even consider you might be a smoker! Ignore what I said about smoking if you do. In that case, working in that kind of an environment should be a breeze for you.What jobs would you suggest to a college student trying to live in an apt.?
Don't be in such a rush. Just live with friends in an apartment. Share it. It'll be a great experience.What jobs would you suggest to a college student trying to live in an apt.?
Christina Aguilera! no just kidding... FAFSA will help with grant money for your tuition and federal loansWhat jobs would you suggest to a college student trying to live in an apt.?
I work at a golf course and go to school and I make pretty good money not just off of 8 dollaz an hour, but a lot off of tips. Golf courses usually allow for flexible hours since they aren't MULTI Billion dolla corporations and they are usually owned/managed by regular people. It also doesnt take a rocket scientist to drive a golf cart or carry someones golf bag for them to their car. Thats how u get tips. Most of the time it's optional.

No comments:

Post a Comment