Tuesday, January 24, 2012

What is it like to work at gamestop - careers and employment?

and what are your job tasks exactly? Are the hours flexible? How are the customers generally?



Also, how many subscriptions/pre orders do you need per week or day or whatever? What happens if you don't meet the minimum amount, do you get fired?



Would you recommend that I leave McDonalds for Gamestop?What is it like to work at gamestop - careers and employment?
I used to work at gamestop and thought it was okay. You do a lot of alphabetizing I mean ALOT! When you get a new game in you have to make a label for the case and a label for the actual game. ( the actual games are not in the cases out on the sale floor) so you have to alphabetize the game case on the walls then the game "guts" in a bin. Hours where pretty okay. I mean I had a pretty cool boss.



I forgot how many subscriptions you used to need, but I never reached mine. I'm a women and the men would assume I didn't know what I was talking about and would ask to talk to a man. I explained myself to my boss and they let it be okay because I was a hard worker for them. But I ended up leaving because of the sexist reasons.



Overall it was a fun job. You also got to rent games for free for a week at a time! I'm not sure if I can tell you to leave McDonalds for it, that something you need to chose.

No comments:

Post a Comment