Monday, January 30, 2012

I want to quit McDonalds, but I can only give them a weeks notice?

I have a bit of a dilema. I have got an interview for a 5 star hotel (my dream job basically) as a commis chef (my passion) this Friday and the woman I rung said I have the strongest chance out of the 3 other candidates due to my location and the college I go to (I also do catering there) since they employee a lot of us from there.



However, due to this, I have to give the notice a week in advance, not 2 weeks. I also feel quite bad for leaving considering the people there are amazing and the first question I got asked in the interview was your not going to find another job are you and is this what you want to do.



But this job to me is once in a life time, and at amazing pay and hours (McDonalds have been F**king my hours up big time).



Is it ok to give them a weeks notice? The problem is the job will start on the 18th of July if I get the job. This is why I can only give a weeks notice.



I really need some good advice here, and obviously cause I'm a high grade student with a good history I don't want to mess up my career history.I want to quit McDonalds, but I can only give them a weeks notice?
You have to discuss this with your manager, explain your situation, say your sorry and that you have really enjoyed working there, and hopefully she will understand and allow you to give one weeks notice if needed.



If not, then I'd give them 2 weeks notice, and you could then try and swap your shifts with others in the second week.



If you don't want your hours completely cut until you know, this is something you have to discuss with the manager, explain exactly what is going on, and what your problem is, and they should take it into consideration.



Good Luck!I want to quit McDonalds, but I can only give them a weeks notice?
Do what I did when I quit my first job which was at Maccas. Eat all the chicken nuggets then flip off the manager as you walked up the stairs, stole a large bag of M%26amp;M minis and then straight out the door.I want to quit McDonalds, but I can only give them a weeks notice?
Why not just talk to ur manager and explain the situation? Tell him there's a chance u may get this job but it isn't certain yet and giving a week's notice is risky. I'm sure the manager will help u out.I want to quit McDonalds, but I can only give them a weeks notice?
Unless you are contractually bound, or there is a law in the country/province/state you work in that states you are required to give two weeks notice, you can walk out the door with no notice if you need to. It's not professional, but it's perfectly legal.



So here's the way to look at this: McDonald's is a job. Chef at a hotel is a career. Do what's best for you.



As soon as you are offered and accept the Chef job, quit the McDonald's job, and tell them when your last day needs to be. Be sincere in that you would like to give as much notice as possible, but this is all you are able to give. You don't have to tell them why you are leaving. Just tell them you have made a decision to move on in your career. End of story. You may find that they just cut your hours and let you go the minute you give notice. That's legal too.

No comments:

Post a Comment