Monday, January 30, 2012

Is craigslist the ONLY SERIOUS PLACE to find jobs in this country?

Newspapers don't have nearly the job ads they did. In LA, it's like 1/10 from 6yrs ago. Monster, Career builder, are for professional level people who have degrees or training -- the rest is spammy or nation-wide ads for no place in paticular like McDonalds corperate office puts out..

SO is craigslist the only place to just find a job!?!?!?!?!Is craigslist the ONLY SERIOUS PLACE to find jobs in this country?
I agree with the links listed above. However, honestly, my best luck HAS been with Craigslist or jobs listed on career services websites of universities for students (even though I wasn't a student at those schools most of the time). I have never even heard back from jobs I applied for through Indeed or SimplyHired. I recently was offered two jobs--one I found on Craigslist and the other is a place I called and asked if they're hiring, and they gave me an e-mail address to send my resume to (pretty much every other place I called and asked if they're hiring, they said no...so I don't necessarily recommend doing that, but it's a method). I interviewed for two other jobs I found through Craigslist recently, and I didn't get one while I'm still waiting to hear from another.



There's nothing really wrong with Craigslist once you get smart about how to use it. For the most part, if a job ad doesn't leave any sort of identifying info, i.e. company name, phone number, LEGITIMATE-looking website url, fax #, legitimate-looking e-mail address...don't apply. One way I figure out if an url or e-mail add is legit is to do an internet search on it and see what comes up, i.e. if an e-mail addy is hr@hotstop.com, I google "hotstop" and the city name and see what comes up. If a legitimate url comes up or good reviews about the place come up, I apply. Once I started doing things this way, I started having a lot of luck with Craigslist.Is craigslist the ONLY SERIOUS PLACE to find jobs in this country?
CL is probably the LEAST serious place to find a job



check local online newspaper sites



google jobs and your areaIs craigslist the ONLY SERIOUS PLACE to find jobs in this country?
Try www.simplyhired.com and www.indeed.com. They give you results from multiple job posting sites.Is craigslist the ONLY SERIOUS PLACE to find jobs in this country?
Honestly, I think craigs is filled with spam mostly.... You could try indeed.com or http://www.chowcow.com too.

No comments:

Post a Comment