Monday, January 30, 2012

Manager at Mcdonalds, DQ, Pizza Hut, Burger King, Dominoes, Sonic?

Heres the deal. I work in the service industry and have done so full time for about 2 yrs, and part time for the last 5 yrs. I am 27, I was in the military for 8 yrs. I know many are thinking Why the hell are you in the restaurant buisness? Well Im not back home, Im in a small place in texas, I love it here. I love dealing with people, I also love law enforcement. I am a single father who is not TCLEOSE cert., alos law enforcement doesnt pay good at all where Im at. Its mostly retired people in beautifull comunity on the lake with great schools. So I am waiting tables, and doing better (if you broke it down by hour) than most local cops. I do wanna get into management. Nice sit down restaurant managers start about 38 to 42k a year and go up from there. Problem is regardless of my leadership and other life experiences in the military, they all want you to have a 4 yr degree or 3 to 4 yrs restaurant management expierience. So I am thinking of down grading to fast food but only to upgrade my career and better myself, and apply for managemnt, of course I wouldnt take anything less than salaried manger position in fast food place, so which fast food place is best to work for, and what are the average starting salaries for each? Mcdonalds, Dominoes, Pizza Hut, Jack in the Box, Taco Bell, Burger King, Dairy Queen, Sonic etc... etc... Also what do you think of me downgrading to fast food but to upgrade my career and start climbing the stepping stones of life? Eventualy once I managed fast food for 3 or 4 yrs I would go back in to nice dining!??Manager at Mcdonalds, DQ, Pizza Hut, Burger King, Dominoes, Sonic?
I'd go for Either McDonalds or Burger King. It's hard work

but the pay is pretty good

as you've mentioned.

Good Luck !!

~Manager at Mcdonalds, DQ, Pizza Hut, Burger King, Dominoes, Sonic?
well in florida the average mcds manager starts out at 9 an hour.. i was one for 2 years..then i left and now i cook at dennys (a breakfast restaurant).. the thing that probably helped me was being food safety certified since i was 19 when i started cooking at dennys.. you should definitely think about the management at a restaurant though.. remember sometimes knowing the right person can get you anywhere..
If you can get a DQ franchize i definetely would. I know a lady who owns one and shes living pretty good.Manager at Mcdonalds, DQ, Pizza Hut, Burger King, Dominoes, Sonic?
idk but not McDonalds...trust me i tried that gig for a while you dont want to associate with those people.
My boyfriend managed a fast food restaraunt for a year and he mnake around $10 an hour. He was able to buy whatever he wanted and have a nice life. Do whats in your heart and best for your child and dont look at is a a fast food job, but a means to support yuorself and family. And then maybe you can go to school while you work as a manager.Manager at Mcdonalds, DQ, Pizza Hut, Burger King, Dominoes, Sonic?
Not sure about all fast food ( though i assume) but you cant just walk in and be a manager at mcdonalds ( at least corp, franchise might be different) You must start as a crew and work up- it is in their rules- unless you have a completed 3 stages of MDP and and are in BLP. You also have to have a Diploma or Retail Management and a certain amount of exp.. Now if you had a buisness degree, you could start as an hourly paid manager, but thats the best you are gonna do. Otherwise, you must work up the ladder;(.
Your not going to walk in anywhere and get a job as store manager just like that. Your going to have to do the same thing they did, which is work their way up the ladder! I work for McDonald's and my owner and I have talked. He got his first job as a teenager and worked his way up the ladder. Nothing in life is handed to you. Being a man of the military, I would think you'd understand that!
Instead of downgrading for three to four years, just spend that time getting your degree. That will open a lot more doors for you in life and allow you to comand even more money for your work. You should think about going for Hotel/Restaurant Managment. Most schools offer a degree in this field or you could even get a two year degree and probably go farther then you would with downgrading to fast food.
BK is good. That's where I'm at. You shouldn't think of it as a short term thing though. It can be a great career. the only thing is that I work for the corporation which is almost exclusively east coast. In Texas you would be working for a franchisee which I think pays less and less room for advancement. I made 65,000 last year with an all inclusive trip to the tropics thrown in to boot. I have an interview this week to move up a level as well. The opportunitys with the corporation are plentiful and benefits are pretty good too. I guess any of these companies are OK but you should look at getting into a corporate environment. Then as hard as you work is how fast you advance.
  • muffler
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment