Friday, January 27, 2012

Would being a fast food worker be a career?

I never was interested in being a fast food worker even when I was young. I can't imagine someone doing this type of work their whole life but I am sure it happens. If someone spent their whole working life dealing with fast food companies like McDonald's would it still be considered a career?Would being a fast food worker be a career?
I spent 35+ years in fast-food..... 30+ of it in management (5 with McDonald's) .... I guess you would call that a career, it paid for our house, vacations, put my wife and 4 children through college.....

I am out of the business now and do HR/Mgmt consulting work but I owe the fact that we are financially comfortable, kids are grown, educated and now in their chosen career fields to working in fast food...
It was by far the best paying job in our part of the state at the time.... I made well over $65,000.00 a year plus benefits and bonuses....Would being a fast food worker be a career?
Hourly worker at a fast food restaurant = job. Employee who works their way up into management, ownership, or corporate for fast food restaurant = career.Would being a fast food worker be a career?
Yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment