Monday, January 30, 2012

Hi, what is your profession, do you like it and how l ong did it take you to get there? I am THINKING of going

to back to shcool for a carreer. Not a job as in McDonalds but a real career. I sometimes think I would be interested in Mental Health but I'm not sure. What kinds of jobs are there in mental health and how long does it take to study for ea one? I also would love interior design as I love moving furniture but I don't think my back would like me for doing that.

What I need to know basically, is what your profession is? How long it took you to study for it? How long have you been doing it? And did you need a special education in highshcool? For example the Army now only takes those who did well in high school and you don't get a 2nd chance with them. I heard one of the army's tests is to shooting bullets at you. (If I failed THAT test - I'd never have to worry about another one lol! But seriously there is a lot adult ed out there now and I'm wondering if I could study harder now than I did 30 yrs ago (BOY I feel old! I am looking for all professions and all differerent terms of study.Hi, what is your profession, do you like it and how l ong did it take you to get there? I am THINKING of going
I am currently a MSW (Master of Social Work) student. You mentioned that you would possibly like to work in the mental health field, social work is probably your best option if you take that route. With social work you can work in just about any setting. The social work perspective is that everyone is interconnected. The psychology perspective is that you have a disease (mental illness) and we will work to cure you of it. The MSW degree takes 5 years total if you do it right, 4 years undergrad majoring in social work, and one year for a masters. For psychology, it takes 4 years undergrad, 3 in masters and more in doctoral work... i'm not sure how much, but the thought of doctoral work just scared me, so I never asked.

I hope that helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment