Monday, January 30, 2012

Which pays better as a Manager Mcdonalds, DQ, Pizza Hut, Burger King, Dominoes, Sonic?

Heres the deal. I work in the service industry and have done so full time for about 2 yrs, and part time for the last 5 yrs. I am 27, I was in the military for 8 yrs. I know many are thinking Why the hell are you in the restaurant buisness? Well Im not back home, Im in a small place in texas, I love it here. I love dealing with people, I also love law enforcement. I am a single father who is not TCLEOSE cert., alos law enforcement doesnt pay good at all where Im at. Its mostly retired people in beautifull comunity on the lake with great schools. So I am waiting tables, and doing better (if you broke it down by hour) than most local cops. I do wanna get into management. Nice sit down restaurant managers start about 38 to 42k a year and go up from there. Problem is regardless of my leadership and other life experiences in the military, they all want you to have a 4 yr degree or 3 to 4 yrs restaurant management expierience. So I am thinking of down grading to fast food but only to upgrade my career and better myself, and apply for managemnt, of course I wouldnt take anything less than salaried manger position in fast food place, so which fast food place is best to work for, and what are the average starting salaries for each? Mcdonalds, Dominoes, Pizza Hut, Jack in the Box, Taco Bell, Burger King, Dairy Queen, Sonic etc... etc... Also what do you think of me downgrading to fast food but to upgrade my career and start climbing the stepping stones of life? Eventualy once I managed fast food for 3 or 4 yrs I would go back in to nice dining!??



Please keep in mind Im not talking about a shift supervisor/ assistant manager I am talking about an actual manager!Which pays better as a Manager Mcdonalds, DQ, Pizza Hut, Burger King, Dominoes, Sonic?
and by actual manager, i assume you mean like a GM (general manager). i think if you're going to downgrade to invest your time in a fast food position, you're dumbing down your abilities. why not go back to school and get a decent education then? and if it's that bad where you want to be in restaurant business, work your way to the top from a big sit down restaurant rather than changing companies and types of food. personally, i think being a fast food manager shouldn't be an aspiration. i'm not knockin' it. i think it's great you have goals. i just think with a background like you have, why not make more of it?
  • jdm
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment