Friday, January 27, 2012

LGBT: did any of you consider your chosen career more carefullly?

I'm curious if anyone here took into consideration their orientation before choosing a career. And I'm not talking about McDonalds or Walmart employees, I mean those who chose a certain career like being a teacher, tatoo artist, social worker, whatever.

I'm in high school and I'm a lesbian. I'm considering becoming a medical doctor, but I'm not sure because I don't know how I would be accepted as a professional.

Opinions/experiences?LGBT: did any of you consider your chosen career more carefullly?
Considering I am a dancer, I seem to fit right in without a problem. In my field, everyone (guy) is assumed gay unless you are told otherwise.LGBT: did any of you consider your chosen career more carefullly?
become a trainer:



of male sissy-maids
you will be fine... most companies will probably treat u better because there afraid of being sued....LGBT: did any of you consider your chosen career more carefullly?
I'm presuming you mean accepted because of your sexuality, so here goes.



I am 16, and i'm hoping to become a primary school teacher. I will NOT however, keep my sexuality hidden from the children. If they are told about homosexuals at an early age, they are more likely to take me for what i am rather than my sexuality. I don't mean i'm going to bring my boyfriend into school for show and tell, but should the question arise "Sir, do you have a wife?" -- I'll fill them in.



Sexuality doesn't reflect on professional performance, and it won't impact on anything.
Well, considering that I want to go into Social Work, I have considered my sexual orientation only in the way that I grew up gay not having anyone to look up to in a sense... and where I want to make an impact is in the LGBT kids who have it tough growing up right now.LGBT: did any of you consider your chosen career more carefullly?
yeah. I'm a freshman in high school.

I considered being in the armed forces, but I know I won't be let in due to my hearing.

I'm thinking about doing something that deals with kids or animals. I'm also considering becoming an author, and writing LGBT fiction books (One of my classmates is an author)

I'm bisexual, and I keep thinking about how people are going to perceive me when they find out my orientation. (In the closet at the moment)

I think you should probably keep quiet about your orientation while working or in school. Don't lie about it, but at the same time just don't mention it. If they ask you, answer them based on how you know they will react.

EDIT: I also want to be a social worker.
No



I just wanted to leave school
I've always been set on getting into Computer Science. It's been 10 years or so since highschool, and I'm not regretting it one bit. I haven't really had many negative experiences from my colleagues/peers. And it's only getting better as time moves forward.



My advice to you; Don't give a flying f**k what people will think of you. If you want to be and MD, you go and do it. If people have pdifficulties with that (most probably won't anyway), then that's their problem.



Edit; And as others may have pointed out already, with today's atmosphere in workplaces, people would very likely be too afraid of being sued or having to deal with other consequences to act on those kinds of concerns.



Best wishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment