Friday, January 27, 2012

How should I list my work experience on my resume for an engineering position?

I am in my final year of school in engineering. I am working on updating my resume. I am looking for my first post graduate full time position. In the past I have separated my work experience in to technical and non technical. I have had 3 internships and 5 non career related jobs i.e. McDonalds, grocery store, Home depot, library etc. Should I still list these on my resume? I know a resume should only be one page and with all of those jobs it gets really cluttered. Also should I list activities (clubs) I was involved in during my first couple years that I am no longer apart of.



ThanksHow should I list my work experience on my resume for an engineering position?
I would list all the positions you have had and any experience that might apply to this new position (Even things such as customer service experience helps as an engineer, your customers are the co-workers you serve).

But I have never heard a resume should only be one page. In fact, my resume with my job expereinces, and educational experience is 5 pages.

You are new to the job market, list everything you have done and how long you were with those companies. Employers like stability.How should I list my work experience on my resume for an engineering position?
I used a great site to construct my resume and I have included the link below. They offer a lot of resume and cover letter help!

No comments:

Post a Comment