Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Mcdonalds HR manager?

So I applied to Mickey D's on the 21st and I have not gotten a call yet. I can walk to Mcdonalds in 5 minutes and I know I would be perfect for the job and I really really really want it. I'm thinking about emailing the hiring manager but I don't want them to get mad and possibly hurt my chances of being employed. I'm 17 (almost 18 in November) and this would be my first "real job." I got an email from them saying Dear Applicant:



Thank you for taking the time to apply for an opportunity at your local McDonald鈥檚 restaurant!



Your application has been received and your information will be reviewed. We will contact you if you are going to be considered for the next step in the hiring process.



If you would like to learn more about employment opportunities with McDonald鈥檚 and its franchisees, please visit www.mcdonalds.com/careers.



Thank you again,







McDonald鈥檚 Management Team

so I'm thinking I shouldn't contact them what would you do?Mcdonalds HR manager?
I would imagine that, depending on location, McDonalds gets a fair number of applications. It would not hurt your chances if you followed with an email that included some written references (school references, coaches, etc.) -- and in fact, could set you apart. However, I wouldn't stress that this job is 5 minutes away -- I would stress that you skills and work ethic (i.e., I am reliable, honest, etc.) and your desire to work for such a prestigious organization.



Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment