Sunday, February 26, 2012

Can anyone tell what's wrong with me?

Well, this is fairly long: you are forewarned. Anyway, I have consulted with plenty of psychologists and psychiatrists, and they have kept me fairly stable over the years. However, I just haven't felt like anyone has understood me that well. I'm in my early twenties, currently on a leave of absence from college, and basically doing nothing with my life. I did well in high school (4.0 GPA, 1540/1600 SAT), but lost all momentum after it was finished. Honestly, I wasn't ready to make the transition from high school to college. I couldn't figure out where to go, what classes to take, etc. So, I have been on an extended leave ever since. But I still feel like I am inadequately prepared. I feel like I am half my age. I get along better with kids in elementary school than with my peers. I even act like a child at times. It probably doesn't help that I still live with my parents, but the world outside home just seems so complex. I've never been on a date, and don't even know what to say to get one. I don't have many friends either. As far as a career goes, I'm not sure what to do. I have an IQ of 140, so theoretically I am mentally capable of just about anything. But how do you decide on a career if you have myriad academic and technical interests? Again, the amount of options out there makes things so seemingly complicated. I always thought I would be the next Warren Buffett, but I realize that isn't likely. But even though I can make the realization, I have a hard time conjuring a more likely outcome. Real life is made out to be simpler and easier to comprehend than some abstruse textbooks you might find in a university library. For me, however, real life is terribly enigmatic. I don't know how to make friends; I don't have set goals; I don't know what else to do besides staying in the house. I inherited some rental property, so I always have pocket change. And when you do have some funds, working at McDonalds or another low skill/low pay job isn't that appealing. Maybe the inheritance has set me back, making it easy for me to stagnate. Can anyone answer my question, or proffer their advice?Can anyone tell what's wrong with me?
You need drive, not a psychiatrist.



Your life is far to stagnant, there isnt any progress happening



Set yourself a goal, a big one, and go get it. Dont let anyone or anything get in the way of that goal.



Though it may seem complex, life is really very simple, You just have to want whatever it is more than everyone around you.Can anyone tell what's wrong with me?
Deciding on a career is not easy because you have to have a good sense of what you are and how you can contribute to society. For when you go on job interviews, the most common question you'll hear from interviewers is "Tell me about yourself". I can see why you say you don't have set goals. It's hard to set goals when you're facing several forks in the road. For that, I suggest you visit a career counselor.



If you don't know how to make friends, it's probably because you're home most of the time. If you do go to college, you'll have plenty of activities to get involved in. As for "how", friendship usually starts with a smile and greeting.



Good luck! I hope it all works out!

No comments:

Post a Comment