Monday, February 20, 2012

Employement Question?

I got offered a management trainee position with United States (U.S.) Steel Corp near Chicago. I would be in charge of monitoring and ensuring productivity out of union workers in the actual steel/tin mill. My title would be production foreman. They pay in the low 50's and have good benefits. Also they will pay up to 12,000 a year towards an MBA.



Right now I'm making 35,000 in Pittsburgh working for a company that manages all the freight for McDonalds across the country. They currently don't pay for higher education yet. They are rapidly growing, however.



What position do you think is better for my career in the long run. I am originally from Pittsburgh. Thanks.Employement Question?
The way I see it, the management trainee position would be more promising for the future. Unless you're satisfied with what you are making right now, and are willing to settle for that, then go for the steel corp job! And as you mentioned they encourage higher ed. That would be a definite plus point.Employement Question?
Take the job that pays for your MBA, once your finished you can always go somewhere else and with a MBA you will get paid a lot more than you ever would before.

No comments:

Post a Comment