Thursday, February 23, 2012

Graduation is coming up... What should I do next?!?!?

So i'm in my last semester in college, I graduate in May. I am getting a degree in Art Education. I have heard that the job market especially for Art education is basically zero. No one is hiring Art teachers, some schools are actually getting rid of art all together. I'm not sure what to do next once I finish school. I don't necessarily want to just jump into a career anyway, I don't think I'm ready yet to have my life career. but i also don't want to be working at McDonalds for example. what is something i could do to build up my resume so that when I'm ready to be a teacher I will have all different experiences? Something that once I apply to jobs will make me stand out from the othersGraduation is coming up... What should I do next?!?!?
Sales rep. M

any of my friends had odd degrees and it took them a while to get situated. Most worked in various jobs until they found a job.Graduation is coming up... What should I do next?!?!?
If you are a certified teacher in your state, and no one is hiring art teachers, have you considered being a substitute in the school districts surrounding where you live? Maybe you won't be teaching art every day, but you will at least be teaching and get your foot in the door if an opening does come up. Summer camps are always looking for people with your talent to teach the arts and crafts portion of their programs. Good Luck ~Linda Spreeman~Graduation is coming up... What should I do next?!?!?
i think if you are hesitant and you don't think there us much work for you so pursue a masters degree and maybe a teaching diploma it will increase your qualifications and make you more eligible for a job

No comments:

Post a Comment