Thursday, February 16, 2012

Career path- How do you choose?

Hey guys,

I was just wondering about how to choose a career for you. I am 16 and going into grade 12 next year and thus have to start picking out what I would like to do... except that I have no idea! I don't know how to explore myself and see what I would like to do. Right now I am set on acting. Acting is in theater. I am not naive and do not except to become a star the minute I fly to New York or Los Angelas. I actually want to act for acting not fame, glory, glamor etc. However, acting does not pay well and that is my big concern. Thus before, I try to get into acting professionally I would like to acquire a job that pays well and of course is something that I would like to do. However, i have not idea what it should be. I am so confused and freaking out because I do not want to end up working in KFC or McDonalds for the rest of my life. So, my questions to you are: How did you choose what you wanted to be? How did you know that is THE job that you would love to be doing for the rest of your life?

Thank you,

from one that is quite confused.

=)Career path- How do you choose?
Well, think about the courses you get good grades at, besides acting...I always wanted to be a writer, but really it's not going to pay that well...Meanwhile I did well in the sciences..Now in my third year in college, Im specializing for a health profession. While doing that I got published at the college's literary magazine..My priority at this point is my major. I've grown to love it, and writing is something I do from time to time...



So, know what else you're good at... Youre good at it for a reason..Use it.Career path- How do you choose?
maybe this summer u can start working at clinics if u want to be in medicine or law offices if that's what interests you...just get a summer job with something you might remotely want to do and go from there. No one can tell you how to choose your career except you and the only way u can do that is by exploring different jobs.Career path- How do you choose?
My parents got me into a computer class when I was in fourth grade. I liked it. I found a computer in my high school when I was in ninth grade. I went to college and majored in math because the computer department was overcrowded and actively flunking people. Got offered a job as a video game programmer out of college.



After Y2K that fell apart. I got a job teaching web stuff. That is my new career - teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment