Sunday, February 26, 2012

Do I have what it takes to be a doctor?

I used to want to be a professional singer/lawyer when I was younger. I really thought I had an amazing voice, but it's just normal. It doesn't sound too terrible, but it's not enough for me to make a living off of it like Beyonce or Rihanna do. As for the lawyer thing, I probably could do it, but I just grew apathetic towards that career. In other words, I just don't want to be a lawyer anymore.



Now, I think about becoming a doctor or some sort of medical scientist in a lab. I even joined a Medical Sciences Academy at my high school. In my class (Health Science 1) I have a 97A right now. I got 98% on the midterm. In the first two terms of high school, my final grades were 98%. I can attain straight A's on my report card, although, sometimes, I receive a B or two every now and then. But, my parents don't have enough money to pay for medical school. Plus, working at McDonalds until I get my degree to practice medicine certainly won't be enough to pay my student loans. Can I still be a doctor or something like that?



I'm only asking this because I don't want to end up doing something to embarrass myself. (e.g. To pursue my potential "singing career," I auditioned at a school of the arts. I wasn't accepted. It was like American Idol; there were three judges. And I was the person who thought she could sing extraordinarily well when in actuality, she didn't sound that wonderful)Do I have what it takes to be a doctor?
It sounds like you have what it takes. Just make sure it's what you really want to do. You should never give up on your dreams. If you want to be a doctor though, go for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment