Thursday, February 23, 2012

My parents don't believe in me/Support me. What should I do?

My dad is a alcoholic and my mom puts me down all the time. She wants me to get a good job but than always acts like I am incompetent and won't be able to accomplish anything I set out to do. I love to write and that's what I wanted to go to college to do but my mom thought I should go to school to get a job that's more secure and more promising.



After researching many careers I came to the conclusion that I should become a nurse. I told my mom my great idea. Again she put me down. She told me college is expensive and asked how I'm going to pay for it? I understand it costs money to get to point A to point B but does that mean I should just give up and work at McDonald's my whole life and not try for an actual career, something actually gratifying that will make me proud?



I have no idea what to say to her and it makes me really angry and really sad that she can't even support her own kid in ways every parent should. Any ideas how I should handle a ****** up situation such as this one?My parents don't believe in me/Support me. What should I do?
get good grades and guess what nursing homes will help pay for your college nurses are in such demand do this for yourself don't let them stop you and when you graduate from nursing school who will be the one living the good life it will be you and you can do anything you want to do also the military will pay for your schooling there are options my dear you have your whole life ahead of you so go for it the end result will be worth it.My parents don't believe in me/Support me. What should I do?
Go to college no matter what! I had nothing a couple times in my life, but i still went to college. A person that goes to College makes 40% more a year. DO IT TO IT!My parents don't believe in me/Support me. What should I do?
Everyone is right about services like the military offering to pay for schooling, but regardless, follow your dreams. As hard as it is and what I am reading, you are a very strong and competent individual, to believe in your dreams. Make them into a reality. For now, you may feel alone, but trust me, there are others who will also help you to fulfill your dreams, in large and small ways. Sometimes, the main person to help you, would be yourself. Prove your parents wrong and prove to yourself that your dreams can come true. Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment