Monday, February 20, 2012

What job is best suited for me as I am interested in a career change?

I am working at walmart and want a career change. I am applying at places like target, best Buy, and Kmart. I have an interview with Kmart thursday. honestly I hate working in retail. I feel I do not have the personality for it. Of all the jobs I liked best it was mcdonalds i stayed there for 5 years. I would prefer to work in banks, hotels, restaurants, convenient stores, and supermarkets. I want jobs where my strategic planning, Creativity, analytical thinking, cultural sensitivity, and efficiency will be put to use. I am strong in math science and history. I would also like a job that would encourage me to study the languages I want to learn. I am trying to learn farsi, Hindi, Japanese, russian, mandarin, Arabic, Turkish, Vietnamese, Spanish, Italian, tagalog, Urdu and French.I plan to be a culinary student. My location is not very desireable for me either. I live in Massachusetts and really want to relocate. My states of choice are Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, Missouri, South Carolina, Maryland, New York and Delaware. i am also interested in relocating outside the U.S as well. I would love to work in the Middle East, Asia, India Russia and South america. Any suggestions.What job is best suited for me as I am interested in a career change?
Yes, I think you need to narrow your focus so you can actually reach a goal. Take one step at a time. If you want out or retail, get out of retail. Get a degree in hotel management that would fit many of your goals. You won't be able to achieve any of those goals with out a degree in an applicable career %26amp; some concrete goals and hard planning. (changing careers from walmart to kmart doesn't sound like a change at all). Start with a goal directed education %26amp; make contacts. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment