Sunday, February 26, 2012

Should I include all of these jobs?

Im redoing my resume and was wondering how many past jobs I should include.

Currently I work at two; a newspaper and a day care



The jobs in my past include two marketing jobs, an elderly care job and mcdonalds.



I didnt work long at the elderly job and McDonalds I worked for 5 years and thought that would show Im a long term worker.



My career field is Journalism/PR and Advertising so I thought marketing would help that



Some of the jobs I am applying for are general office jobs.



Id like to keep the resume only a page and a half.



Any suggestions? Thanks!Should I include all of these jobs?
Keep your resume to 1 page. Also, create a functional resume instead of a chronological one; that way you can highlight those things that you have experience in for your new career. For example, employers want people who have great team experience. Your work at McDonalds gave you that. So, you would write, Strong background as a team player in a fast paced environment working with a diverse population.

A functional resume will also let you group the 'like' things together; flexible working schedule, great attendance, etc. without giving so much attention to the length of time you were on each job.

Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment