Sunday, February 26, 2012

How do you feel about the previous generations?

I am talking about people who are now 30-50. I myself am 19, but I am an old soul mature guy and I my best friends are in their 30s and of course they have all the good jobs and everything. I always feel jealous of them because it was so much easier to start a career or go up corporate ladder in 70s, 80s and 90s. And now I am at about the age where I am supposed to be starting my career but with all the economy recession bullshit, it's totally impossible to even get a descent job because all the people with years of experience who got laid off are looking for same kinda jobs. I feel it's not fair that the previous generations had it so much easier.

On the other I am joining the military as Info Systems Technician, so I don't really care about the rest of the job market. But seriously if not for the military, I would be stuck working at mcdonalds or some crappy warehouse.How do you feel about the previous generations?
Like hell the previous generations had it easier. Were growing up now with virtually no chance of a World War. Sure weve gt an economic crisis but again there was a massive one on 1930 (where it was even worse, there was literally no FOOD than money) and to a smaller extent in 1990 when the Japanese economy temporarily retracted and electronics and technology spiked heavily, there was a massive shortage of computer stuff during that year.



Also back then life was crude, technology was in its infant stages and human rights /racism was rampant across the globe within their respective countries.



I certainly dont consider them lucky, but i dont consider our generation lucky either. We do have to inherit global warming and the increasing problem of globalisation but in comparison to past generations its not as bad as the problems they faced in their hayday/How do you feel about the previous generations?
Some things were better, and some things were worse. At least now a lot of people have computers to complain on.How do you feel about the previous generations?
Well I am in the "previous generation" and I never had an easy time in the work force, even in the military. I have never had a job that I could sustain myself on, and still don't. After 21 years of marriage, I am suddenly getting divorced, getting screwed on the divorce and homeless and jobless and I am going to have to find a job and a place to live. Despite everything, I will be competing with you for the same jobs, and the same pay. The salaries I can expect are only 2.00 an hour more then when I started working at 17-years-old. I don't have the hope of a decent job, I am just going to take any job I can get and hope that I can survive. The military is a good start for you. Be all you can be and then get out. Give yourself a 50.00 a month allowance and bank the rest of your money so you can start your own business when you get out. Go to college and put money aside for college because you really need a degree, any degree to survive. Don't buy a fancy car or truck, save your money and worry about that when you get out. P.S. McDonald's is one of the best employers I ever worked for. If you work really hard for them, they pay really well, but only if you work really hard for them. They are very fair and your raises are based on how hard you work. I got good raises when I worked for them. I wish I didn't have a leg injury, I would go back to work for them. Once you get into management the money there isn't bad. Good luck to you, chase your own dreams.How do you feel about the previous generations?
yeah the previous generation weren't the smartest! they should have maintained more of a balance in the world, i agree with everything you've said i am in the exact same situation to but im not the military type so im on the benefit i cant even get a warehouse job and i have a degree and some experience within IT as well. They pumped out to many kids/ used to many resources etc and to that person who commented that they went through wars etc they made those wars and fought and they their beds so they had to sleep in it. They were a selfish generally really with no though of the coming generations, but we are more developed and potentially smarter as a whole so generally more advanced, there's just to many of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment