Thursday, February 23, 2012

Will I be able to go to school for radiology if I have a criminal record?

3 years ago while working as a massage therapist I was set up for prostitution. The whole thing was a mess and I ended up taking a guilty plea to get out of jail asap as I was told as long as I completed the probation I would have a clean record.

I did complete the probation, but they failed to mention I'd have to hire a lawyer at the cost of about $800 to have it removed from my public record. I guess it still would be on my federal record though?



I am currently in college trying to better my life but am concerned that what happened nearly 4 years ago is going to keep me from getting any kind of decent career. I can't even get a job at McDonalds right now over this bs :(



And for the record- if anyone reading this is a massage therapist and has a new client roll over and show you Mr. Happy- don't be like me and sarcastically ask what they expect you to do with 'that'. Just tell them to get out cuz apparently that's considered a proposition!Will I be able to go to school for radiology if I have a criminal record?
If you're talking about being a radiologic technologist, contact the ARRT ethics committee ARRT.org. They can tell you if you would be allowed to take the licensing exam. FYI: There aren't any jobs in this field now.Will I be able to go to school for radiology if I have a criminal record?
I wouldn't think it has any effect on you being able to access education; but a future career might well ask about spent convictions. I would have a word with the Universities you were planning to get entry to, and be prepared to be frank about what happened. Talk to the admissions officers, and also the student advisory services within the university, who will be able to point you in the right direction in terms of the procedure in their own university. I would at first describe it as 'you were arrested for an offence and advised to plead guilty'.

As your 'offence' was not child-related, you should be okay in terms of the impact on potential employers, but be aware that many people will just see the fact that you were arrested as a black mark on your record.

Plus, I would go and see any lawyer that does Pro Bono work, or a citizens advice bureau. You were advised very very badly to plead guilty if you weren't, and you name should be cleared.
  • jayco
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment