Sunday, February 26, 2012

Can I be a manager at McDonald's for a year or so and leave? my mom is worried that' I'll end up staying?

I work at McDonald's and was offered a opportunity to start training to become a manager. I've only worked here for roughly 7 months and I'm 17 years old. I really want to take advantage of this but I'm scared of what my mom will say. She wants me to have a marketable skill and be able to take care of myself. I understand where she's coming from and I strongly believe in getting a college degree. As of right now, I'm in a early college program and set to graduate in December with my high school diploma and Associate Degree in Arts (transfer). I want to know will it be possible for me to be a manager and attend college. I'm not sure what I want to go to school for but my mom wants me to go into the medical field. I'm leaning towards pharmacy. Please help. I'm scared I don't want to miss out on this management opportunity but I don't want to make my mom disappointed. There are plenty of benefits of moving up in McDonald's and I know I will be able to support myself without struggling. Help me please. Can I still transfer to a 4 year university and be a manager?



I don't see it as a career for me. I just want to get the experience and I think it'll look go on my resume. Would it hurt me to do the manager thing for a year or so and leave when I solely want to focus on college? I'm planning on balancing the two (going to college as well as being a manager) but I don't want to do it forever. I don't necessarily need a job.Can I be a manager at McDonald's for a year or so and leave? my mom is worried that' I'll end up staying?
You've been offered the manager position because your boss sees that you have organizational and /or leadership skills, that's good. Getting your college degree is the priority. However, if when you start is not a problem, you might be able to have everything you want. Is there any problem with entering college in the Fall of 2012?



You can be a manager now. If you need to work during college, you can get another job as a fast food manager which will earn a little more than the norm. Often, food joints hire managers outright. You can't very well apply for those unless you already have the experience. It also sounds like waiting until Fall 2012, you will be starting college with other kids your age, allowing you to be emotionally ready for the experience.



I'm just offering an alternative point of view. You have to weigh it yourself. That is what being an adult is all about. Which ever road you choose, or some combination in between, it sounds like you have a good future ahead of you either way.Can I be a manager at McDonald's for a year or so and leave? my mom is worried that' I'll end up staying?
hey see www.moneyjobz.com

for this.

you'll see the links specificly about this on the left and the right side so you dont have to go and search everywhere

Source(s):

searched and visited personally.
**** mcdonalds, working there is so shitty. I did it for 7 months and got the same talk as you. I took off asap. Do the same.Can I be a manager at McDonald's for a year or so and leave? my mom is worried that' I'll end up staying?
i dont see a problem with it, noone will let me even supervise let alone manage and im 50, youre lucky they think that highly of you
Get a job some where else mcdonalds isn't the best place to work if you know what I mean :/Can I be a manager at McDonald's for a year or so and leave? my mom is worried that' I'll end up staying?
sure you can, a lot of people do. Get the experience, and then take it to a better career. It's up to you to never settle, but use the opportunities offered. I would say definitely take the job, and continue looking for better jobs, because the experience can only benefit you.
  • german english translation
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment