Sunday, February 26, 2012

I'm 24 and have no life.?

Does anyone else feel like they will never get married or find that special someone? Almost all my friends are pretty much married, have kids, or both. It's been that way for years. I've never even had a boyfriend. I don't ask men out, but maybe I should. I'm not unattractive at all. I have a college degree, no kids, never been married, and I'm pretty. I'm a good catch. I just wish guys would give me a chance. I just don't want to be alone forever. I hate when people look at you weird when you say you don't have kids. People ask me that all the time. What's wrong with wanting to have a career first. I want my kids to have parents that can give them a good life. I can't do that working at Mcdonalds or some minimum wage job forever. Sometimes life sucks. Does anyone else feel this way?|||First of all i must say you have a good head on your shoulders. You are going about the career thing the right way. First ask yourself if you werea good guy where would you go and hang out at on the weekend. Second you need to join some social groups, places where relationship minded or marriage minded people will be at: church, helping the poor, tennis club(you get the picture). Dont believe everyone who says to stop trying so hard , that love will find you when u arent looking. Thats a load of crap. You must put urself in a place that will increase your chances of finding mr right. Remember though it all starts with your heart, listen to it and listen to your mind also and u wont go wrong.|||Its good that u didnt listen to them or u will end up 39 and single like me. Now you have become proactive instead of reactive:).


My prayers are with u:)

Report Abuse


|||Very much so.|||sometimes|||yea me to|||ditto...


the whole world around me seems to be getting married


23, btw|||You shouldn't feel that way you should enjoy your life you only have one live it the way you can. I'm sure you'll find your soulmate someday so don't give up|||whatever makes you happy works for you,but if your lonely go out and mingle and if you see a guy you like ask him out.|||Sounds like you need to take the bull by the horns... Start chatting, start dating, start having lots of sex!! :D|||Yes I feel exactly the same way. I am a good catch, handsome, really loyal, romantic, thoughtful, but rarely approach women, and often am left hurting when i fall for someone but they don't feel the same way. What are we to do with ourselves hon?|||Everyone lives a different life. You'll know when the right time is to settle down. Just go for your goals! If your career is most important, go for that, and then pursue a relationship and family. By the sounds of it, you'll have no problems :D|||just hang in there and dont look for it.....it will happen when the time is right......enjoy life for what it is right now......you have freedom and can afford to be a little selfish........enjoy it!|||No but i'll trade you my life. I'll do anything to be a normal person you can take up my job as modeling. You can have the boyz|||You're still really young and should not worry too much. Try online dating sites like perfectmatch.com or whatever.|||i think everyone does at one time or other|||You need to do what I did! Take up skydiving! It'll change your life, it's better than sex and you will meet a whole society of people who love life! The last thing I need right now is a girlfriend who would just try to ruin my fun.


I have a skydiving friend who just got ingaged, and his fience has made him stop skydiving! He will resent her for that for the rest of his life!|||You are still too young to be thinking that way-the only reason you think you have no life is because your friends are married- I'm sure they are not being to honest with you because marriage and taking care of kids at an early age is no fun and games- nothing wrong with both but it's a lot of work-have you tried talking to single guys and girls. join a club or church socials-you have the right attitude as far as having or furthering your career-you are sill young and don't worry about it-you'll get married when the time is right.|||It's common to feel that way and love comes along when you least expect it.





With that being said. It wouldn't hurt to flirt a little. Guys sometimes don't ask girls out because they are afraid of rejection. Be yourself, be friendly and approachable. Get involved in a church or club to where you can meet people with the same interests.





Nothing is wrong with wanting a career first. It's a good foundation for the future.





Good luck on finding Mr. Right!|||I understand what you mean. I sometimes feel I will not find that special someone. I am somewhat skeptical about marriage unless you truly love the person. As far as getting married...you can get married hastily and then divorce. And that is a lot of heartache. I suggest you do not just get married to "be married".





You are 24 and still young. I am not sure, but your friends seem to be getting married pretty young if they are your age.


It is pretty common for females to marry in their late 20's or even early 30's..so you have plenty of time. I would just suggest getting out there more by meeting more people. Meet friends of friends..or even take a chance of having one of your friends set you up. Also, join clubs of interest to you. For example, a ski or hiking club to meet new people. Volunteer and help others...undoubtably you will meet others this way. It worked for me. Make a lot of friends...that way you can meet potential dates through friends. Also, if you like a guy..try asking him out. Many guys would be flattered.





For me, I am 28 and I do feel like meeting the special someone might just be one friend or two away...you never know. Don't lose hope. Keep trying.|||Girl please, I am 30 and I am not married yet... I am ok. You will be fine waiting on Mr. Right is all good, let him come to you... I feel you on the career first, that is good... Keep your head and let love find you...|||I'm a 23 year old female, with a great career I'm trying to focus on. It's like you took the words right out of my mouth. Not only do I feel the exact same way, I also don't understand why I can't get a boyfriend. I date guys and things are good for a few months, I think we are on the verge of a comittment, and then I have a curse or something because they either get unintersted, find someone else they like more, or get back with their ex. Plus I just moved away from my home town 2 hours away to a large city and it's even harder to meet people. I only know 2 people here, and all my friends are back home making memories without me :( I'm pretty and successfull and not your typical needy/drama/clingy/weak female. I love the things guys like, beer, wings, and fun, and going to the bar!! I dont' get it. I wonder if someone is out there for me!!!!!!





Hang in there, I suppose when the time is right it will happen. Until then I'm just going to focus on banking money, becoming and even BETTER person, and having fun...hopefully a boy will wake up and see that I'm truley a remarkable catch...good luck to you!!! I'm sure things will start to happen for you.|||Yes I do feel the same way cause I too are going through this, I'm marred to my job I work on big ships (not cruise ships) as a chef cook


and have really not time to meet girls except when I'm in port but that is allso hard sence they are mostly overseas ports.


signed sgnl and lonely|||i've felt this way a time or two. I'm also 24, college degree, attractive, no kids. I have a fair amount of friends who are married, living with someone and/or have kids and i'm no where close. so yeah, sometimes you did wonder if you're doing something wrong, but 90% of the time i'm grateful i'm not in any of those situations. just because people are married doesn't mean they are happy (or that it will last). we're still young. now is the time to be selfish and live for ourselves. get our education, build our careers, travel, date casually, have fun. you have the rest of your life to be settled down and having kids. plus, they say the more education a person has, the longer they wait to get married. so just enjoy life right now. you can't rush things and when it's your time, the right guy will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment