Thursday, February 23, 2012

I only want a typical US Born American woman to answer this?

If you a typical US Born American woman, get pregnant un expectantly with a European (Scandinavian/Luxemburg/Belgium/Netherla鈥?(duel US Citizen/EU) citizen man. Would you consider it?



If he wants you to move with him to his native country with the baby would you or not.

You can live there will you are pregnant and if you don鈥檛 like it, than you can come back to the US and give birth on US soil.

He/parents/social services can give you the following,



House/apartment to stay in/utilities/ cable TV/internet Food, clouding, medical insurance (government pays for those who can afford it)



Basic necessities.



Child will be (duel US Citizen/EU) and you will also be eligible for (duel US Citizen/EU)





You may be able to be stay at home mom, depending, whether or not you want to live with his parents, small apartment, but not any thing luxury.



You will not be wealthy but not poor either. 45 percent of the US population will be poor under his standard, and 25 percent will be wealthy under his standard. So you will be in the middle.



He can not get you the following.

Fancy car

Fancy house

Good career

Big screen TV

Eat out every week (Star Bucks, McDonalds) I only want a typical US Born American woman to answer this?
Nope, couldn't do it. I couldn't never leave my mom, we're way to close, I have to see her everyday. Espcially to go live w/my bf parents.I only want a typical US Born American woman to answer this?
nooo way id never be able to leave my family and friends my bf wants me to move to chicago with him its 11 hours away and i wont do it
Nope.

I couldnt do it.

Unless it was Australia.



Thats about the only other place I'd live besides the US.



I'd make him come live with me here. :)

cuz im stingy. lolI only want a typical US Born American woman to answer this?
No I have better here already
You know, as a European citizen I actually find this (repeatedly posted) question really rather offensive.



Do you love him and want to live with him? If so, go live with him. It's Europe, not a third world slum. His nationality shouldn't matter - you didn't care when you slept with him, after all.I only want a typical US Born American woman to answer this?
Would he want to marry you? How long have you known him? If I were in love with him - yes, I would follow him anywhere. If it was only an arrangement to have a child, then no.
Born and raised American woman here.



Whether or not I would move with him back to his country would depend on if I loved him. It would not have anything to do with the things he could give me. If I loved him I would go with him.



Fancy cars, houses, big screen tv are all meaningless objects. A man who loves you and who you love is priceless.
No way




I'd say yes to all, but the big problem is my friends. Even though I'd still be able to talk with them online, there'd be a huge amount of time away from them, and I don't know if I'd be able to live with that. And as said above, it would also depend on how much I loved him rather than just the material value.
Well if you are in love I say go for it...but when I met my husband 10yrs ago (he came from Mexico when he was 10) he was about to graduate from college and said that he planned to go back to MX to work...right then and there I said, well this won't last long cause MX is nice to visit but not to live...so there is no way I would have gone...now that I am married for 8yrs and have a 4yr old and 2yr old..and if I absolutely HAD to go for whatever reason, I would...but it would be to get things together and come back...
It sounds like I鈥檇 be having a baby with a man who wants 100% control. And sorry, but that pretty much means HELL NO in my book!



My support system would be across the world, no way! Not for me...



Why can't HE move HERE?
Even if he COULD buy me a fancy house and car, ect, I would not move to another country.
No, I doubt I would. While most cases involving parents of other nationalities probably do not turn into such drama, I have heard of quite a few cases similar to this one you describe-where when the woman gets homesick, the father refuses to allow the child to go. In most cases, the courts in that country will rule in favor of the citizen parent, and the US system can not get involved. Their systems are also much different than ours.



If you will need the assistance of a social service program over there, and will not even have the "luxury" of eating out once a week-I would hardly call that middle class.



If this is a proposal that you have been presented, I would carefully consider all sides of it. In fact, you might want to speak to an attorney-many offer free consultations.
Nope, troll.
I think you know the answer deep down.



I am American (from California) and I have lived in Austria for close to 20 years now. My husband is Austrian and both of our kids were born here. Moving back and forth is not as easy as it sounds, especially as kids get older and they are attached to where they live. I moved to Austria because I wanted to and that makes a huge difference. I've seen American women come and go here; many just moved here because they were in situations similar to yours and in almost all cases, things did not work out because the women never *wanted* to move here in the first place; they felt they had to and in the end, they were never really happy here in Europe because it's not really what they wanted it and it was difficult to adjust. If you eventually want some of the things you listed that he can't get you, then over time you will start resenting that you wanted these things and you have no opportunity to ever have them.



One gal mentioned Europe is not a third world country or anything so life here would be fine. What she doesn't realize is that it's a completely different lifestyle than what you're used to in the US. And your partner would be on his home turf, with his family, friends, the lifestyle he enjoys and is used to and you wouldn't have all of that and would be very dependent on him for everything. It's not easy.



One thing you never mentioned was love. If you don't love each other unconditionally and whole-heartedly, then you won't be willing to make the sacrifices you will have to make in order to live and raise a child abroad, outside of your home country and in a completely different place, away from the support of your family and everything familiar to you. It's not easy and I speak from experience and having my own shares of ups and downs living here in Austria.
Do you love him? Does he love you? Is he willing to marry you? Do you trust him? If so, i would go in a minute. I would go wherever i needed to to keep my family intact.



A fancy car is not love
Are you looking for someone to impregnate? European men were never my fancy so I would never have gotten in that situation.
I wouldn't marry and move somewhere with a man just because I got pregnant! Here in the US, there's not such a social stigma towards single moms that they all feel instantly compelled to marry whoever got them pregnant just so they're not a single mom.



However, if we were actually in love, and actually marrying, I'd only consider it if it was England, Southern France, Spain, or Greece we'd be moving to. The reason behind this is that I have trouble dealing with cold temperatures, so I wouldn't want to move anywhere that's as cold as or colder than where I live right now, so most of Europe is something I could not handle at all.



And, last but not least, if I couldn't get a good career, I'd be far less likely to go. Not that this reflects in any way on the husband, because my career isn't his responsibility, it's my responsibility.



*Edit: The only case in which the no-cold-weather stipulation might change is if I get to work at CERN. That's like the best (or most interesting, at least) career you could ever get in my field.

No comments:

Post a Comment