Sunday, February 26, 2012

What is the best way to convince an Employer I plan to stay with them for a while?

When I am on an interview I know the biggest concern the Hiring manager has is whether they are going to invest to train this employee just for him to leave in 3 months. I myself know that it costs 3000 to train a person to work at Mcdonalds. i am guessing that even before I get the interview they scrutinize my job history to determine if hired whether it is an interest or just looking for a paycheck. Based on my last 3 jobs. I worked at McDonalds for 5 years. I worked at Wal-mart 18 months and Target 6 months. I would say that the applicant is probably not happy in Retail however enjoys food Service. I am also going to college for Culinary Arts. I usually feel saying I am going to College is a bad idea however I think it would be a big Plus if I am applying at a job that I need to work with food. If I was hiring a person for a Restaurant I am more convinced the Applicant is going to stay if he is going to college for my industry. Many times I have interviews at Supermarkets and when asked why I want to work there I dont say why I want to. Culinary Degrees are valuable in many areas not ust a restaurant. I also understand that Food service workers are a most sought after laborer. I know most Employers are willing to train a worker if they know he is looking for a career . I know many skills employers would rather train. I at the moment am studying 13 languages at home. I posted on a resume that I was studying them and Employers responded. I know Employers read my resume . There is a difference between Studying and Fluent. I also know when an Employer sees a person is studying multiple languages they are considering the person has a strong passion for languages and would be worth investing in. I have a strong Aptitude for languages and would really love to have an employer invest and encourage me to build those skills . When I was working at Wal-Mart as a greeter I was many times told not to use my talent.That is the reason why I prefer not to work in Retail. I learn so many skills that are valuable to employers and when employers hire me they dont put them to use. I type 90WPm. I am willing to relocate anywhere preferably internationally. i would enjoy working with hazardous chemicals. I am willing to work 24 hour shifts. I like working 2nd and 3rd shift. I really want to help come up with strategies how to cut costs, lower turnover, and raise sales. I never get the opportunity to do anything extraordinary. I enjoy being around foreigners. I dream about living somewhere exotic like China, Russia, Brazil, india,or Turkey. If I was at a job that was being sent to China or India I would be asked can I be sent with it. I am willing to manage a store for 7.25 an hour. For me money is not why I want a job I just want to feel I am being a productive member of society. I am proud to pay taxes because I am contributing to society.What is the best way to convince an Employer I plan to stay with them for a while?
The biggest concern an employer has when conducting interviews for job openings is whether or not you can do the job. If you can't even tell an employer why you want to work there, then obviously you aren't going to get hired.



If your interview is anything like your question, don't count on the job panning out. Much too much information and far too wordy. I didn't even read past the first three or four lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment