Sunday, February 26, 2012

I don't have a clue what career I want to go down?

I have no idea what I'd like to do as a career!



I am twenty years old living in the UK, hoping to move within the next few years to one of the British Commonwealth countries to live and work for a while with my American girlfriend (who is living in the USA as well atm).

I am currently studying music and just got my diploma in music performance. I am going on to do a foundation degree in it, starting September but am worried. I realised that there is very little in the music business I like, and the things I do like make very little money. The only sector in the music business I enjoy is the performance side of it, but even that I don't enjoy that much. I am a very introverted person, and play music for enjoyment. When I am forced to do it just to make money it takes all of the fun out of what I am doing.



Putting that aside, I do not have any other clue what other field I could go into and study. I feel so lost and scared!

I know what I want in life. I just want to live with my girlfriend peacefuly, maybe a small family, caring for them, loving them...but everytime money gets added to the equation my life becomes turmoil, and Im not even living with my girlfriend yet! I know I have to work though. I also feel, we only have this life, and I don't want to be one of the majority of adults who spend most of their lives working, just because they have to make money.

Sure, if there was something I really loved doing, then my life wouldn't be being wasted, and I'd be earning the money to support my girlfriend and family at the same time, but at the moment I have no clue what this could be!

As I said, I have a music qualification. I do not want to teach music, although I wouldn't mind teaching guitar to students as instrument specific tuition, but this can only make a part time income and if I plan to move in with my girlfriend, it will be very difficult to get students wherever we go, until we are settled down, preferably married.

I have juggled with the idea of hypnotherapy, as for years I have been interested in the mind and have studied hypnotherapy on my own means a bit. I tried psychology, and although the career may be rewarding, the years of study surely aren't and I don't really feel I want to go down that road.

If I did study hypnotherapy however, there is the there is once again the problem of getting clients. And if I moved to another country with my girlfriend, New Zealand, Canada etc...it will be very difficult finding clients, and until the business is well up and running, which could take years, I'd be stuck in small, badly paying, very depressing McDonald style jobs.

Other ideas I have juggled with hypnotherapy were, nutritionist, personal trainer, reiki practitioner, holistic store. All of which however take a lot of time to set up and get running, and are not very profitable.

I currently getting job seekers allowance (the dole) from the government as I have been unemployed for a few months due to two chronic auto immune diseases I have which prevented me from working. I only worked in small grocery stores so far though which brought me to the edge, where I actualy started to feel I was losing it with stress and depression, so I had to quit a few of them.

If I could go abroad and work, in a completely new setting; earn money, be given a place to live by my work whilst earning enough to both save and pay for food etc then I'd be tempted to give that a try for a month or two, but that once again doesn't hold many long term career prospects, and is not somethign I'd do continuously.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.



Note: Anyone posting a link to an AFFILATE site, or a link to a site which contains a link to their affiliate, will be reported to yahoo and banned. Just because my message talks about money doesn't mean you have the right to post spam replies.I don't have a clue what career I want to go down?
Follow your dreams, work hard (the best you can), and you'll be good.



In the end, that is the most important thing, when you are old, and look back on your life, you will not say 'oh I should have done this job, because I would have made more money or been more successful'. I guarantee it.



As they say, it is better to regret the things you HAVE done than the things you HAVEN'T done.I don't have a clue what career I want to go down?
Have you ever considered trying to apply to some retail jobs or customer service jobs? That may be able to help you out until you get on your feet.



Since you have a degree in Music, depending on what instrument you play, you can give people instrument lessons as well. You can post flyers or meet with parents at local parental meetings in schools. Just some ideas for you to look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment