Sunday, February 26, 2012

What should I do about my couselor?? Shes CRAZY!!!?

Hey everybody I am having alot of problems with my couselor right now. I am a senior in high school and my couselor has been harrassing me since the first time I met her. I met her last year when she was new to the school. And I barely went to school last year.. the reason why I didn't really go to school last year was because I felt like I had a learning dissabilty and felt a lil depressed, I was going through alot at that time... But I did alot of thinking when school was about to end last year so I went to school one day and plan to ask my couselor help because I really want a high school diploma so I can get to college... and all she did was yell at me and tell me I should just drop out of school and work at McDonalds... I was really mad and she told me to bring my mom to school the next day and stay in for lunch (she has no right to keep me in for lunch) so I bought my mom to school (my mom doesn't understand English)... and all she did was yell at me for another 30mins and didn't say anything to me mom.. She was just calling me stupid and many other names and stuff like that... I guess shes a really mad/crazy person. Alot of other students don't like her but she seems to be picking on me the most... So this year (school just started on 8/25) and we got our schdules during the summer ... she only gave me 5 classes ...regualr schdule has 6 classes and full has 7 classes .. since I am behind soo many credits for not going to school for a whole year I am suppose to have 7 classes... so I was confused and made an appointment to see her ... She changed my schdule and gave me the classes I need but she didn't really explain anything to me and she actually gave me 2 science classes when I just really need one I could have replaced one of those science class with career ed because I haven't pass that yet. So I asked her if I can have 7th period for career ed because I only have 6 class at that time and she said I could just take it in night school... so I said can I get an application for night school and she said No... (COUNSELORS CAN NOT SAY NO TO THAT) I was like why? She said because you are not going to pass regular school so how are you going to pass night school... What is she talking about??? How would she know how well I would do in school? Just because I have cut alot doesnt mean anything.. I am actually a very smart person and can do anything if I really put my mind to it!! and I know sometimes its hard for me to concetrate in class but that's only if it's hella boring!!! I was really mad when she said that!! she is crazy!!! so I told one of my best friends and she got mad too because she has no right to not give me night school and me and my friends really care and wants me to graduate!! so I made an appointment the 1st day of school for night school and I had to give the note to this lady (she gives all the notes students hand her to the counselors) so I was thinking she will give me night school now since someone mightve read what I wrote on the note... so she gave me night school (I have one class for Amer Lit and US history for night school) and during that time I had US history for regular school so she told me I don't need US history for regular school since I am taking it for regular school and explain to me that American Democracy is required for 12th graders (So I have to take that)....but guess what?? She print out a new schdule for me with 5 classes (one is T.A) students behind credits are suppose to retake classes they failed and I failed alot and they are not suppose to have T.A.... T.A is for people who has enough credits and just a class to fill in if you don't need any extra class... so What the Hell?!!!! and she left out American Democracy WHEN SHE TOLD ME I NEED THAT CLASS!!! WOW SHE'S CRAZY!! SHE THINKS I WOULDNT NOTICE IT OR SOMETHING!!! %26gt;:( AND OBVIOUSLY SHE DOESNT WANT ME TO GRADUATE.....!!! omg %26gt;:'( this just makes me sooooo madd!!!!! so the next day I went to another couselor and told her that my couselor isn't giving me the classes I need when she even told me that I need it ... and she was like "yeah she told me yesterday she made a mistake on your schdule" so at that time I was thinking how can she remember she made a mistake on my schudle and why would she just go up to a counselor and tell her? Its really none of their buisness at the same time...but yea I went to my couselors office and my couselor was like "Yea youre hear to get your new schdule right?" and Im like "yeahh...." so she printed out a 'new schudle' but when I looked at it THE CLASS I NEED WAS STILL NOT ON IT !!! SO I WAS LIKE "WHERES THE CLASS I NEED? THIS IS THE SAME SCHDULE!!" AND SHE JUS TELL ME TO "GO...." WHILE SHE WAS POINTING OUT THE DOOR.. I WAS LIKE "R U SERIOUS?? U JUS PRINTED OUT THE SAME SCHDULE.. U TOLD ME I NEED AMERICAN DEMOCRACY ...!! Y ARENT U GIVIN IT TO ME??!!!" SHE US LOOKED AT ME EVILY AND TOLD ME TO GO TO THE WELNESS CENTER COS IT SEEMS LIKE I HAVE PROBLEMS... N I WAS LIKE YEA IMA GOWhat should I do about my couselor?? Shes CRAZY!!!?
i only read about half of ur question, but i got the gist of it. you should definitely tell someone in charge about her. a school counselor's job is to help students graduate and get them the requirements that they need to go into the job and/or college of their choice. she may be crazy, or she might be just extremely disorganized. she definitely doesn't sound like she cares about her job, which in that case the school board or principle of your school probably will want another person for her job. go to either one of them. if your school is like mine, the school board has a period during their meetings where people of the public are allowed to discuss issues. whomever you go to, make your case short and sweet. let them know how she is standing in the way of your graduation. if reporting her doesnt change anything, ask to be assigned to another counselor. if you can't do that, then i guess your stuck with her. try not to lose your temper with her, it will just make your problems worse. try to cooperate with her. maybe make a list of all the classes that you need, or set up a meeting with her. don't let her yell at you, just calmly tell her that you would like to discuss your schedule and not how stupid or doomed for failure you are. best of luck to you!What should I do about my couselor?? Shes CRAZY!!!?
Go to your school your principle to make a complaint or head of year..if you dont feel like explaining it write it down and give them the letter so that they can read itWhat should I do about my couselor?? Shes CRAZY!!!?
I am going to give you the answer that you really need to hear.



You should read what I write VERY CAREFULLY. It will save your life.



The problem is not your counselor.



The problem is YOU.



And only YOU can fix that problem. You are in the habit of blaming others for YOUR problem. So start by ATTENDING your classes on your SCHEDULE.... stop worrying about getting your degree, and start WORRYING about learning how to take classes and BE RESPONSIBLE about attending them.



You will SOON FIND OUT that the world does not owe you SH*T. You only OWE to YOURSELF.



So if you want to start changing things, start by getting rid of YOUR ATTITUDE, STOP argueing with people, and START being RESPONSIBLE for taking classes.... and getting a HS Diploma will take care of itself.



If PEOPLE, including your counselor start seeing you as someone who really is TRYING, and not just PLAYING then they will TRY TO HELP YOU.



As it is, YOU ARE JUST A MAJOR PAIN IN THE ***.... and you will wind up flipping burgers IF YOU ARE LUCKY.... or HOMELESS if you are not.



Its a tough world out there.... so you better learn how to fit in PAL.



Good Luck. This is some TOUGH LOVE here.... and I hope you blow off all the idiots that advise you to FIGHT THE SYSTEM. Your only fight is with your OWN poor habits, which only YOU can change.



Good Luck.... you're lucky to be in this country... you have every opportunity to make something with you life... look at OBAMA.... you go GIRL.

No comments:

Post a Comment